That’s exactly how I would describe our lives in general nowadays: playing the Russian Roulette, but even more so our way of dealing with nature. Loading a bullet, a PET in this case, spinning the cylinder (living our daily lives in this case) and then pulling the trigger, while pointing at somebody or no one. In any case, something around us gets hit: a tree, an insect, an animal and even human beings.
This all comes from the long weekend we had and all media coverage and the news we have seen lately, especially the battles that go online for and against climate change.
We can’t afford to play Russian Roulette with anything, let alone our own lives.
I thought today instead of a speech about protecting, reusing, recycling and so on, that very few people read; why not mention a few cool picnic places, parks and beautiful corners of nature, within reach, where you can take a breath of fresh air.
My favourite picnic spots to explore this spring in Geneva/Lausanne
- grab a relaxed lunch on the grass in the Botanical Gardens Geneva
- have a beer in the park in Esplanade de Montbenon in Lausanne
- grab a sandwich and your trainers up in the forest of Chalet-à-Gobet
- hide in the vineyards in Lavaux with a bottle of wine and one glass to share
- bike until tower and park of Sauvabelin and then rest for an icecream
Rest and enjoy the birds, the flowers and don’t forget to take a pic!